The Statler College at WVU will be known for honoring the worth of every individual and sustaining and environment where all people are encouraged to succeed and excel.
- We are committed to the inclusion of all socioeconomic groups, traditional and non-traditional students, international and domestic persons, the extended academic community, and society;
- Every collegiate unit will continually examine itself and identify ways of assuring that a comprehensive approach to achieving social justice is attained and sustained;
- We will act proactively and affirmatively to assure equal opportunity and employment and in delivery of programs and offerings consistent with both federal and state civil rights laws and affirmative action guidelines;
- The essential elements of character- integrity, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship- will transcend every element of the Statler College;
- Students will be prepared with principles and competencies in order to function effectively in the global workplace;
- Faculty, staff, and students will exemplify principles of social justice in fulfilling their responsibilities;
- No form of illegal discrimination or harassment will be tolerated;
- Complaints of illegal discrimination or harassment and abuses of social justice principles will be addressed in an objective and timely manner; and,
- All people will be accountable for their actions.